Plasmablastic lymphoma is a rare and aggressive lymphoma reported to be commonly associated with immunodeficiency state. It possesses a challenge to the clinician owing it aggressiveness and poor prognosis. No standard of care treatment is available for the disease. Here we report a case of animmnocompetant 67 year female who is unique in her presentation as she did not have any of the conventional clinical features and had a history of urothelial carcinoma three months back. [PubMed]
2. Delecluse HJ, Anagnostopoulos I, Dallenbach F, Hummel M, Marafioti T, Schneider U, et al. Plasmablastic lymphomas of the oral cavity: a new entity associated with the human immunodeficiency virus infection. Blood. 1997;89(4):1413-20. [PubMed | Fulltext]
3. Liu F, Asano N, Tatematsu A, Oyama T, Kitamura K, Suzuki K, et al. Plasmablastic lymphoma of the elderly: a clinicopathological comparison with age-related Epstein-Barr virus-associated B cell lymphoproliferative disorder. Histopathology. 2012;61(6):1183-97. [PubMed | DOI]
4. Castillo JJ, Winer ES, Stachurski D, Perez K, Jabbour M, Milani C, et al. Clinical and pathological differences between human immunodeficiency virus-positive and human immunodeficiency virus-negative patients with plasmablastic lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010 Nov;51(11):2047-53. [Full Text | DOI]
5. Sharma A, Tilak TV, Lodha R, Sharma MC, Dabkara D. Long-term survivor of human immunodeficiency virus-associated plasmablastic lymphoma. Indian journal of medical and paediatric oncology: official journal of Indian Society of Medical & Paediatric Oncology. 2013;34(2):96-8. [PMC | DOI]
6. Campo E, Swerdlow SH, Harris NL, Pileri S, Stein H, Jaffe ES. The 2008 WHO classification of lymphoid neoplasms and beyond: evolving concepts and practical applications. Blood. 2011;117(19):5019-32. [PubMed | Fulltext]
7. Castillo J, Pantanowitz L, Dezube BJ. HIV-associated plasmablastic lymphoma: lessons learned from 112 published cases. Am J Hematol. 2008 Oct;83(10):804-9. PubMed | Fulltext]
8. Nicol I, Boye T, Carsuzaa F, Feier L, Collet Villette AM,Xerri L, et al. Post-transplant plasmablastic lymphoma of the skin. Br J Dermatol. 2003;149:889-91. [PubMed | Fulltext]
9. Castillo JJ, Winer ES, Stachurski D, Perez K, Jabbour M, Milani C, et al. Prognostic Factors in Chemotherapy-Treated Patients with HIV-Associated Plasmablastic Lymphoma. The Oncologist. 2010;15(3):293-9. [PubMed | PMC | DOI]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
JNMA allow to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose. The author(s) are allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions. The JNMA work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. More about Copyright Policy.